Yesterday Meagan nominated me for the Versatile Blogger award. Here are the “rules”:
About the Versatile Blogger Award:
It is for those blogs that bring something special to your life. In picking your nominees, you are to consider the quality of the writing, the uniqueness of the subjects covered, the level of love displayed in the words on the virtual page. Or, of course, the quality of the photographs and the level of love displayed in the taking of them.
Answer the questions you have been given, nominate 10(ish) other bloggers and give them their own set of questions to answer.
And here are the questions Meagan asked and my answers:
1. What is something people might be surprised to learn about you?
I grew up in a very outdoorsy family–hiking, camping, picnics, all of that. I am NOT very outdoorsy and I really do not enjoy those things much. I do like the occasional hike, but I consider it exercise and not leisure. And camping: that is NOT a vacation. Evan loves all of those things. I always joke that the outdoor gene skips a generation.
2. What is one place on your must-see travel bucket list?
I’ve never seen the ocean (flew over it once but wasn’t actually THERE). Someday soon, I want to go!
3. What is your current favorite song?
I like a few songs by Hozier right now. I don’t ever buy music or listen to it on an iPod, but I do listen to an acoustic station on satellite radio and I like the Hozier songs on there.
4. What is your favorite distance to run?
Four to six miles is happy to me. Less than four and it seems too easy; more than six and I start to get bored. Most of my runs are in the 3-4 mile range though.
5. Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
Well, probably doing very much what I’m doing right now, although maybe with one less kid at home (Evan will be 21). Campbell will be 15 so I may be going crazy at that point. I’ve said that I might switch careers when Campbell is a teen because teaching is becoming way too political, but we’ll see how I’m feeling at that point!
6. How many pets do you have?
I guess it depends if you call our “stray cat” a pet. If you do, then we have one cat and one dog. And three fish in the pond.
7. What would you sing at Karaoke night?
I’ve never actually sung Karaoke, not even in my wilder college days, and I don’t exactly plan to.
8. What is your favorite movie?
9. When is your birthday?
March 27! I’m an Aries. I’ve VERY Aries. Here’s a short list:
Aries Strength Keywords:
Aries Weakness Keywords:
– Short tempered
The full list is here: Aries. I think it describes me quite well. Being an only child + an Aries…not always a good thing.
10. If you were stranded on a deserted island, what three objects would you bring with you?
Can I get a cell signal? If so, my phone. And my bed because I do love my bed a lot. Many nights I thank God for my bed (for real). My bed is nothing special, but I am so thankful for a clean comfortable bed. Do you know how many people in this world don’t have that? The third thing…hmm…I suppose a good book.
There you go! If you are reading this, I think you should play along and answer the following questions in your own blog post. I can’t link people up because that is stressful to me. What if I leave someone out who really wanted to do it or include someone who’s not interested? THE PRESSURE.
1. What is your favorite restaurant?
2. What is a book you’ve read more than once?
3. What is your favorite time of day?
4. If you could only keep one electrical/electronic device, what would it be? (phone, computer, dishwasher, etc.)
5. What is your favorite feature? (on your own body)
6. Who is one person that is inspirational to you in some way?
7. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would that be?
8. What is your favorite time of day?
9. How do you like your coffee? (I’m running out of ideas and I’m having a cup of coffee right now)
10. What was your favorite subject in school?