Last night I took a few more “in progress” pictures of the train set. It’s coming along nicely!
All of the foam has been covered with plaster of some sort (we’ve used three different types for different purposes).
The next step is painting it. Even though most of it will be covered with some type of foliage or rock, you still have to paint it to keep the white from showing through.
This corner is already painted.
A bit of a pull back:
Unfortunately, it’s not as simple as just painting. At least three colors are used at the same time to make it look natural. Chris spent a lot of time blending, dabbing, and brushing to make it look natural.
Evan is excited that one of the tracks is operational again. For awhile, it was too much of a mess to run the trains.